Monday, January 16, 2012

Bridal Feather Fascinator with Ribbon Roses and Birdcage Veil

I was asked to modify a design I had listed for sale in my Etsy shop.  Often I will take one of my existing bridal headpiece designs and rework just one element to create a whole new design.  In this case, I had sold my popular "Denise" Bridal Feather Flower Fascinator and Birdcage Veil Set, but the bride didn't want a crystal or pearl center accent.   We discussed her ideas and I had her send me photos of her wedding gown.  Her bridal gown was very vintage in style, so at first I tried incorporating a vintage velvet millinery flower (circa 1940s) into the flower, but she didn't think that was quite the look she was after.


Feather Flower with Vintage Millinery

Her garter belt featured some handmade ribbon roses.  So, I picked up on that ribbon rose design element, and made ivory ribbon roses which I tucked into the feather flower fascinator base.   I also added little swatches of ivory lace, and some accent feathers.  This was just perfect: it matched the gown style as well as the bride's garter belt!


Feather Flower Hair Clip with Ribbon Roses - Paired with a Birdcage Veil for a Set

If you like one of my current designs for sale in my online bridal hair accessories shop, but want a minor variation or modification made, just email me at EllenMariePDX [at] gmail.com.  Because most of my bridal headpieces are made to order, I can usually make minor changes for no additonal cost or for a small fee:  if you would like a custom color dyed to match your wedding colors, for example. 

If you would like a couture bridal hair flower that is one of a kind and made to match your bridal gown, contact me for a quote.  You can send your bridal gown photos and other inspiration, and together we can come up with the perfect design just for you. 

I don't just do bridal hair flowers - I also make hats and headpieces for any occasion.   I send my unique hair accessories around the world, and to brides here in the USA.  This one is headed to Maryland.

Visit EllenMarieDesign.com to view birdcage veils and bridal fascinators, or to request information.

No comments:

Post a Comment